Thursday 30 June 2011

Week Nine Roundup

Week nine has been a good week. Over the weekend my husband took me into town and we borrowed a wheelchair from the local Shopmobility scheme. It was so great to be able to be out and about and I enjoyed having a little shopping trip. My feet got a little sore from being down but we dealt with that by my husband wheeling me up to a bench so I could rest my feet on it and reduce the soreness.

On Tuesday, we removed the dry dressing that had been protecting my left foot bunion scab. I had a shower first to soften the adhesive. As I've been walking much more easily and practising walking barefoot too, the shower was much nicer than the last one. We then soaked my feet in a bowl of water to ensure we removed the dressing very gently as we didn't want to accidentally knock any of the scab off.

We were really pleased with how the scab looked and I decided to walk around barefoot yesterday to keep the scab dry. We wash my feet every day and apply moisturiser to keep the skin soft. We have managed to remove quite a lot of the hard skin that was beneath the dropped toes as well as lots of dry skin from all over my feet.

Looking back at last week's photos, I'm surprised how different my feet look today. The skin looks normal and more of the dark scabs have fallen off. Here's how  they look now.


I think they look loads better and the left one in particular looks quite like a normal foot! You can see some of the silver nitrate has flaked off the right foot too.

I also took photos of the bunion scabs as they are some of the few remaining scabs.


The left foot looks much better and the scab is nice and dry now too.

I'm planning to go into town again this weekend and I'm also going into school next week to meet my new class. It's so nice to be able to go out and see people. Hopefully by next Thursday the scabs will be completely gone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment