Thursday 11 August 2011

Week 15 Roundup

Since the last roundup I have been into work, bought new trainers and started using my Wii Fit again. I only have three weeks left before I am back in the swing of things at work so need to get working up to that! I'm pretty sure that when I start work it will be tiring and my legs and feet will get sore (they normally do after the summer holiday anyway, let alone after have four months of very little activity and foot surgery!) but I'm trying to build up so that it's less of a shock to the system!

I was very pleased with my new trainers. I actually went up a size from size six to seven. I tried some size six shoes on and my feet did fit in but the trainers were tight across the top of my foot so we went with the sevens. I'm not sure whether once the swelling is gone I might be a six again but we'll see.

My feet are coping very well with more walking and going out and about. I drove yesterday and plan to do more driving over the next couple of weeks too, including driving to work which is quite a long journey. I have found my legs have started aching before my feet get sore when I've been doing some Wii Fit but I suppose that's a result of having done so little for so long. I have been able to do the Wii Fit with bare feet which I couldn't do before as my dropped toes caused too much pain, so I'm really pleased with my feet really. Now I just need to get the rest of my body up to speed!

Here are the weekly photos. They look quite swollen again but this is because I've used them quite a lot and I'm also having them elevated much less now. This morning I did have them up for a while when I was watching television and they weren't at all swollen and looked great. I should have taken a photo then!



The scars are still pretty visible on the right foot but the ones on the left foot are fading quite nicely now. I think my feet look great and if I wear sandals that cover the scarring they look pretty normal. They are a bit swollen but nothing too bad and I think that they look great!



The scars from the bunions are fading even better than the rest, I think. It is quite fun to show people that you can actually see the screws a little bit next to the bunions. They show up much better when my feet aren't swollen and you can feel them too. I'll try to take less swollen pictures next week to show the screws!

No comments:

Post a Comment