Thursday 4 August 2011

Weeks 13 and 14 Roundup

Last week, my husband and I went away on holiday to Spain. We stayed in a lovely hotel which was on a golf resort and had a really relaxing time. My feet were slightly more swollen than they have been back at home, due to the heat there, and that did restrict us going out very much but it was a lovely break anyway.

I wore flight socks on the flights to prevent too much swelling and they seemed to work pretty well. They were a challenge to get on though as they were so tight!

While there, we did manage to get to the beach one day and I also swam in the pool. Some photos of my feet enjoying these activities follow!




I especially enjoyed going in the pool as I used to love swimming but walking around barefoot was so uncomfortable I haven't done it for ages. It was also a great way to cool down!

My new sandals weren't quite as comfy as I'd hoped and I didn't end up wearing them that much. I think they need wearing in a bit first. I'm going to try and persevere with them but I was a bit disappointed.

This week I've been trying to get back into the swing of being at home and also trying to increase the amount of time I spend on my feet. I only have a month now before I return to work so I feel like I need to be building my strength ready for that. I might try doing some Wii Fit to try and achieve this.

Here are the weekly photos for this week:


They are looking and feeling pretty good. I feel like the scars are fading more and more all the time and my feet feel pretty comfortable. I am not having to put them up as much as I was and they are looking slightly swollen as a result but they don't hurt so I feel like that is OK.


The bunion scars are also fading, especially on the right foot. The left foot bunion scar still has some slightly odd dry skin on it but this kind of skin was on the largest scar on my right foot too so I'm not worried about it. My main concern from looking at these photos is the state of my toenails. I think I meed to see the podiatrist and maybe the doctor to see if there's something we can do to make them look less gross!


No comments:

Post a Comment