Thursday 3 May 2012

Week Fifty-Three

Wow, I totally didn't update after my February appointment. I didn't see my surgeon but I did see another doctor and they agreed that I could have the screws removed from my feet. I went to my pre-operation assessment a month ago and it went much better than the first pre-op assessment. Unfortunately though, I didn't get to see the surgeon again and I was still unclear what type of anaesthetic I would be having. I was able to email her and she told me that they will give me a local anaesthetic but if I'm experiencing a lot of pain they might transfer to general. I'm pretty hopeful that I'll be able to cope with any discomfort so fingers crossed! I also didn't get to ask her my multitude of other questions but I'll be able to talk to her tomorrow as I have to sign the consent form before going for surgery. I'm not so nervous this time - my attitude is that whatever happens, it will be better and more manageable than last time!

Onto some photos.



As you can see, they look pretty fantastic. I'm so pleased with them and get barely any pain from my dropped toes. I'm still working on my routine to keep the hard skin under control but it's pretty manageable. I found a great podiatrist near my in-laws' and can go there to get the hard skin fully removed if necessary and they also cut my toenails beautifully.


Here are the shots which show off the screws the best. They are pretty visible and do protrude quite a lot now. I've noticed that they do rub and feel sore reasonably regularly, especially in the mornings.

I am looking forward to going in tomorrow and getting the screws out. I will update with the details afterwards, but I may not have good photos for a while as I was told they would have 'heavy bandaging' for when I come out.

Just as a last comparison, here is what my feet looked like a little over a year ago and today:


I can't quite believe the difference! Can't wait to see how good they are once the screws are gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment