Thursday 21 July 2011

Week 12 Roundup

This week has been pretty good! The weekend was brilliant - I really enjoyed going into town and watching the final Harry Potter film and my feet coped pretty well with it too. They felt so good that we went to a shoe shop afterwards and I bought some sandals!


I was so excited to get them! I wasn't planning to get anything but we saw a few nice things to try and these were very comfortable. I haven't worn any flip-flop style shoes for so long because of the way my big toes turned in.

My feet have been pretty good this week. I've been trying to walk and stand more and also to sit with them down. They have been slightly swollen at times but I've been really pleased with how they feel. Walking barefoot is comfortable although I still feel more confident with sandals on.

The other thing that was quite exciting was that my last scab same off yesterday. I'm really pleased, especially as we're going on holiday next week. I'm hoping to swim in the pool and it is best that I don't have scabby feet!

Here is how my feet look now:


The scars are looking really good now. They actually look a little redder than last week's photo but I think that is because I had just put cream on and that seems to have made them pop out a bit more.

Now the pictures of the bunion scars. The right one is a bit redder and bigger but it feels very soft and smooth.


I think they are looking pretty good and they feel great. I still try to wiggle my toes quite a lot and they do move a bit, although it is quite comical!

I'm really looking forward to going away next week. I think it'll be brilliant to get out of the flat and a break will be really good for my husband and me. I'm also looking forward to wearing my new sandals lots!

1 comment: